Roasted Broccoli: A Go-to Healthy, Yummy Side Dish
This recipe is fast and easy. The broccoli can cook with other foods, i.e. many cuts of healthy fish will cook for 12 – 15 minutes or LESS at 425 degrees, making this a great, easy, healthy, flavorful side dish.
You can make it super fast if you buy the bags of pre-cut and washed broccoli. Veggies just got super easy and tasty!
Lemon Roasted Broccoli
- 2 heads of broccoli washed and trimmed OR 1 bag, pre-washed and cut broccoli
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 – 2 TBS lemon juice
- 2 TBS lightly toasted toasted pine nuts or sesame seeds
Ahead of time
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Wash and trim 2 heads of broccoli, using the tops and edible parts of the stems that lead to the tops.
- When tops are cut and dry place broccoli on a sheet pan and drizzle with 2 tsp of the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in a preheated 425 degree oven and roast for 12–15 minutes until just tender and bright green.
- As soon as the broccoli is done, put into a bowl and drizzle it with 1–2 TBS lemon juice (depending on your taste), remaining 1 tsp olive oil, and toasted pine nuts or sesame seeds (you can use any nut or seed).
- Lightly toss.
- Add another pinch of salt if desired to bring out flavors.
This side goes great with Easy Punched Up Chicken, Mediterranean Quinoa, Cranberry Walnut Rice Salad – just about any entree!
What’s your favorite healthy broccoli recipe?
Leave a Reply