Make it Look Like You Cooked Pulled Pork, Rice, and Beans All Day: Let the magic pot do most of the work!
Turn 8 hours of flavor and work into less than one with this Pulled Pork Rice and Beans Recipe. You’ll be a cooking rock star. Serve with the Best Guacamole – Ever!
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Sugar-free, Wheat-free, Soy-free, Nut-free
Easy Pulled Pork, Rice and Beans
Ingredients for the Pork
- 1 1/4 lbs. pork tenderloin
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cilantro
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups salsa (One 12 oz. jar)
Ingredients for the Rice and Beans
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 of a yellow onion
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 to mato chopped
- 1 1/2 bags Trader Joe's frozen brown rice
- 1 can black beans (I use Eden organic, no sodium added)
- 2 cups salsa (One 16 oz. jar)
- 1 cup corn
- Season pork with garlic powder, salt, pepper, and put in crock pot with 1 1/2 cups of salsa. I like to use a roasted garlic salsa or one with black beans - something with flavor. Slow cook according to the settings of your crock pot. The meat will slow cook with a bunch of flavor and fall apart when done.
Cooking the Rice and Beans
- When pork is done, put 1-2 tsp olive oil in bottom of 12 inch fry pan. Saute onion, garlic, and pepper in olive oil, then add rice, corn, beans, tomato, and salsa. Mix ingredients together and let simmer covered on low heat for 10 - 15 minutes. Add meat at end if you want it all in one pot or keep it separate.
- Top with guacamole, sour cream, or a small amount of cheese. Serve mixture in a bowl with tortilla chips on the side, in a tortilla, in a burrito. However you like.
If you are short on time and don’t have half a day to cook the meat in a crock pot, you can use pre-cooked pork or chicken or leftover pork/chicken and just add the meat to the rice, beans, corn, salsa mixture as it’s heating.
OR: just make the rice and beans – it’s a complete protein on its own. Really short on time? Check out my 5 Minutes to Mexico Recipe.