Need an Easy, Oatmeal Recipe with Flavor?
Look no further. Who doesn’t love PB & J? I’ve created a healthy, oatmeal recipe that applies the yumminess and healthfulness of pb & j to breakfast. Awesome!
Cook or No-Cook PB&J Oatmeal
Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Soy-free, Refined Sugar-free
PB & J Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats steel cut will take longer to cook
- 1 - 1 1/4 cups unsweetened non dairy milk depending how creamy you like it
- 2 tsp natural unsweetened peanut butter
- 1 cup blueberries
- Dash cinnamon
- Slight pinch salt
- Add 1 TBS Ground Flaxseed or chia seeds
- Put the milk in a small saucepan with the oatmeal and turn on medium to medium high heat.
- When the milk starts to a boil add the slight pinch of salt and lower the heat enough to bring the mixture to a simmer (usually medium to medium low).
- Stir the mixture as it simmers and thickens.
- After about 5 minutes on the heat, add the peanut butter, blueberries, and cinnamon.
- Stir and cook for another 1-3 minutes depending how thick you like your oatmeal and how cooked you want your fruit.
- You will need to adjust your heat to maintain a simmer. I cook mine about 8 minutes total, leaving a little liquid because the mixture will continue to thicken as it cools. The longer you cook the berries, the more of their sugar you will release, and the more of a "jam" they will be like as their pectin breaks down.
- Once cooked, remove from heat. Eat and enjoy!
No Cook Overnight Oats Option
- Put all ingredients in a sealable 2 cup glass jar. Stir well.
- Put the lid on and seal well. Shake, shake shake.
- Let sit overnight (at least 8 hours) in the fridge.
- Remove from fridge and enjoy!