A Great Summer Cod Salad Recipe
This salad is easy to make, super healthy and fast. Great for you at home or if you’re having company. It relies on the great taste of veggies with fresh cod and herbs to bring it all together. Try it, you won’t be disappointed!
Light Summer Cod Salad
- 1 lb. Fish cod or salmon if you prefer
- 2/3 cup red onion
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 1/2 cup celery
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup basil mayo
- salt and pepper to taste
Basil Mayo Ingredients
- 1/4 cup vegan or dairy-free mayo Spectrum eggless or Earth Balance olive oil mayo
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Cook Your Fish
- Lightly coat your fish with olive oil salt and pepper.
- Grill skin side down for 6-8 minutes. Don't flip.
- As long as grill cover is down, fish should cook through quickly, but stay moist at high heat.
- Let fish cool as you chop your veggies and make your basil mayo.
- Chop your onion, cucumber, celery, carrots, and parsley into a small dice (1/4").
- Mix together in a mixing bowl and add your corn.
Make Your Basil Mayo
- Chop your basil.
- Squeeze your fresh lemon juice.
- Combine all ingredients into a small mixing bowl and stir until blended.
- Because of the fresh herbs, this mayo tastes best fresh. Make small batches often.
- Gently break fish apart where it naturally separates.
- Add fish to chopped veggies and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add basil mayo.
- Mix ingredients together gently.
Make this Fresh Summer Cod Salad Recipe with my flavorful low fat, dairy-free Basil Mayo Recipe.