A Healthy, Easy Ketchup Recipe with a Kick!
Everyone who tastes this ketchup loves it. Subtle spice, packed with flavor, it adds to any meal, especially when you cut fat. You need to add flavor to satisfy your palate. I top my healthy chicken meatloaf with it, use it on low fat burgers (try my Good for You Burgers!), baked fries – it’s a home run.
Here’s how you make spiced ketchup:
Spiced Ketchup Recipe
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 6 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. high-quality light agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp. molasses
- 2 tbsp. white distilled vinegar
- 1 tbsp. worceshire sauce
- 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 4-6 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. srirachi this adds the spice
- Put all ingredients except the water into a mixing bowl and stir until incorporated.
- Add the water 1 TBS at a time and determine how thick you want your spiced ketchup.