A Healthy Snack with a Kick
Here’s a snack that can deter sugar cravings, satisfy salt cravings, or suppress your appetite in a healthy way. It uses spice, good fats, complex carbohydrates, and some protein to do the job – just what you want in a snack!
Spiced Roasted Chic Peas
- One 15 ounce can no sodium chic peas garbanzo beans
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Pinch to 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper optional
Ahead of Time
- Preheat oven at 425 degrees. Drain and rinse chic peas.
- Put all ingredients into mixing bowl. Toss gently until beans are covered with seasoning.
- Spread seasoned beans on a half sheet pan in a single layer. (Lay foil down first for easy clean up.) Roast at 425 degrees for 40 minutes until dry and crisp.
- Makes about 3.5 servings.
For more info about healthy snacks or how to deter sugar cravings read my post, 5 Quick Snacks to Deter Sugar Cravings.
Leave a Reply