A Satisfying Chicken Burger Without the Fat!
These chicken burgers are a flavorful, low fat option to beef burgers. Top with my spiced ketchup, an ounce of spread goat cheese or feta (if you eat cheese), or a healthy honey mustard dressing (like Annie’s or Whole Foods brands).
Good for You Burgers
Author: Angela Marinelli, M.S., M.Ed. - Nourishment Connection
- 1 lb. ground chicken or turkey (white meat)
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 2 tbsp. Worcheshire sauce
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¾ - 1 tsp. sea salt
- 4 tbsp. almond flour OR breadcrumbs (rice, spelt, wheat)
- Put your ground chicken in a mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grate garlic right onto the chicken. Mix.
- Add Worcheshire sauce. Mix.
- Add breadcrumbs. Mix.
- Weigh out 4 ounce patties. You should get 5, even if the 5th isn't quite 4 ounces.
- Chill patties in fridge for 20 minutes (especially if grilling).
Cook or Grill
- Chicken patties cook great in an iron skillet (about 8 minutes on medium to medium high heat) or on the grill, about 6-8 minutes depending on your heat. If you're unsure, cook to 160 degrees.
Assemble your burger on a whole grain bun (if eating bread), with your honey mustard dressing or spiced ketchup, goat cheese, feta, or non-dairy cheese, lettuce, tomato, avocado - whatever turns you on. Copyright Nourishment Connection 2011