Dairy-free Chocolate Mousse? In 5 Minutes?
Easy. Delicious. Guilt-free.
This 5-minute dairy-free chocolate mousse recipe is vegan, delicious, easy to make, and a healthier dessert option than most recipes.
This recipe greatly reduces the fat per serving because it eliminates the eggs and heavy cream found in most mousse recipes. Many mousse recipes have 20 – 30g+ of fat per serving. The fat in this recipe will vary depending upon the chocolate and tofu you use. But no matter what tofu you use, it’s far less fat than any mousse with dairy in it. Plus, it’s vegan!
Be sure to use a high quality bittersweet, organic, dairy-free chocolate to ensure that there’s no hidden milk or refined sugar in it.
Can’t wait for you to try it. It’s will rock your world! Here’s to another doable and delicious healthy recipe!
Check out my “Cook with Me Video” that shows you how easy it is.
- 12.5 oz. firm silken tofu (one package of Mori Nu)
- 8 oz. bittersweet organic high quality chocolate
- 1 tsp. espresso powder, (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsweetened non dairy milk (soy, almond, rice)
- pinch sea salt
- Melt chocolate with low heat in a double boiler or in microwave.
- As chocolate melts measure out rest of ingredients and place into food processor.
- Pat tofu dry with paper towel to absorb excess moisture and place into food processor.
- Once chocolate is melted add to food processor.
- Blend all ingredients together in food processor for a couple of minutes.
- Stop to scrape down sides to incorporate any large chunks of tofu or chocolate and blend again.
- OMG that was so hard!
- Pour mousse into 6 cups or 12 shot glasses.
- Chill for 1-2 hours and serve.
- Mousse will keep for 4-5 days.