Have Your Cocoa and Drink it Too
Yum doesn’t mean bad fat and sugar. It means flavor. In a meal or a drink.
Two rules for this healthy hot cocoa recipe:
- You must be a chocolate lover
- You must use high-quality, dark, unsweetened cocoa
I get mine from King Arthur Flour, Double Dutch Dark Cocoa. YUM!
- 4 cups unsweetened non dairy milk (you can substitute non fat milk)
- ⅓ cup high quality unsweetened rich, dark cocoa, sifted
- ¼ - ⅓ cup light agave nectar or maple syrup (see notes*)
- 2 tsp espresso powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Sift your cocoa, espresso powder, vanilla powder, and salt.
- In a medium sauce pan whisk together your dry ingredients with soymilk, agave nectar, and vanilla extract until blended.
- Heat ingredients together over medium to medium high heat until hot.
- Top with favorite marshmallows or meringue. Serves 4.
Copyright: Angela Marinelli, M.S., M.Ed., Nourishment Connection 2011