Dairy-Free Truffles: an Easy, Yummy Treat
I love chocolate. Maximum extreme love. Truffles fit into that category.
To control the dairy and type of chocolate in my truffle? Total bonus. Easy to make? Score!
How to Make Vegan, Dairy-Free Truffles
3 Easy Steps to Dairy-Free Truffles
Author: Angela Marinelli
- 4 ounces dairy-free high quality bittersweet chocolate
- ¼ cup unsweetened non dairy milk (coconut, soy, rice, almond)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder or powdered sugar OR 6 ounces tempered chocolate (for coating your truffles)
- Optional flavorings:
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
- ½ tsp. orange liquor
- ½ - 1 tsp. hazelnut or raspberry flavor
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Melt these ingredients together ONE of the following 3 ways in a double boiler, over low heat in a saucepan, or on low in a microwave.
- Melt ingredients together or chocolate will seize.
- If you want to add flavors (espresso powder, vanilla extract, hazelnut flavor, orange liqueur), add these ingredients at the beginning before heating and melt ALL ingredients together.
- Stir ingredients together until blended.
Let cool to room temperature or place in the refrigerator until firm.
- Once firm, roll into ½ teaspoon size balls.
- Should get approximately 30 truffles.
- Use cocoa powder, powdered sugar, or tempered dairy-free chocolate.
- I pick the chocolate!