A Kale Recipe that Makes Greens Taste Great
If you make a batch of my Kale Pesto and you’re wondering what to do with the rest of that delicious head of kale, this is as simple and delicious as it gets. It also is a fabulous recipe for a whole head of kale – with just a few minutes of work!
Lemon Garlic Kale
Author: Angela Marinelli - Nourishment Connection
Serves: 4 Servings
- 1 head kale, washed, thick stems removed
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil (high quality extra virgin)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 TBS fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 TBS fresh basil (or 1 tsp dried)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
Clean and Cook the Kale
- Wash kale.
- Cut off thick stems.
- Steam kale for 1-2 minutes, until bright green.
- Drain the kale. Then cut into smaller, bite size pieces and put into a mid-size mixing bowl.
Make the Dressing
- Put lemon juice, garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper in a blender or small food processor and blend until emulsified.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Assemble and Store
- Top kale with 2-4 TBS of lemon vinaigrette dressing.
- Store extra dressing in the fridge and use on salads, veggies, grains, or as a marinade for proteins.
Copywright Nourishment Connection 2012