The Jedi Breakfast. Combine in a Jar. Wait. Eat.
A high fiber, high protein, fat burning breakfast that cooks itself? A, total Jedi move in my book, and a breakfast I keep on hand.
This recipe is so Jedi, you don’t even have to wait overnight. Four hours is about all it takes. They get creamier if you give them all night. Up to you. See how you like them.
You can sit them out on the counter for a bit before you’re ready to eat and let them get to room temp, or heat them up for a couple minutes. Top with some fresh fruits and nuts. If you see Obi-Wan upon eating, call a doctor, not me.
A Great Recipe to Get Kids in the Kitchen
The steps really are that simple. Your 6 year-old can prep your Overnight Apple Almond Oats for you, a great way to get kids in the kitchen. Prep multiple servings at a time in a larger jar. A healthy breakfast doesn’t get much easier than this.
Overnight Apple Almond Oats Recipe
Dairy-free, Gluten-free, Low Glycemic, Refined Sugar-free, Soy-free, Vegan, Wheat-free
- ⅓ cup rolled or quick oats (gluten-free oats are available)
- ⅔ cup unsweetened almond milk (or rice, soy, low fat animal milk if allergic to nuts)
- ⅓ cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- ⅓ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp fresh nutmeg
- 2-3 tsp chia seeds
- Chopped almonds and diced apples (to top oats)
- Put all of the ingredients in a 1-cup jar and shake.
- Stir to make sure you get everything mixed up.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. They get creamier if they sit overnight.
- When you wake up, sit them on the counter to warm up (or heat up for 1-2 minutes).
- Top with chopped almonds and apples.
This is what the oats look like before they Jedi themselves:
This is what they look like after they Jedi themselves to creamy goodness:
How easy is that? Enjoy!