A Healthy Snack with a Kick
Here’s a snack that can deter sugar cravings, satisfy salt cravings, or suppress your appetite in a healthy way. It uses spice, good fats, complex carbohydrates, and some protein to do the job – just what you want in a snack!
Spiced Roasted Chic Peas
These roasted garbanzos make a great healthy snack. Feel free to adjust the seasoning to your taste. Try smoked paprika instead of sweet, less cumin, try lemon juice. The sky is the limit! There are countless flavor combinations you can make - I like this smoky, spicy one!
Author: Angela Marinelli - Nourishment Connection
Recipe type: Snack
- One 15 ounce can no sodium chic peas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp coarse sea salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- Pinch to ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
Ahead of Time
- Preheat oven at 425 degrees. Drain and rinse chic peas.
- Put all ingredients into mixing bowl. Toss gently until beans are covered with seasoning.
- Spread seasoned beans on a half sheet pan in a single layer. (Lay foil down first for easy clean up.) Roast at 425 degrees for 40 minutes until dry and crisp.
- Makes about 3.5 servings.