2 Minutes to a Healthy Breakfast
Smoothies can make a great high protein, high fiber breakfast. Why?
- Berries for fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants
- Silken tofu for a complete protein
- Flax seed for Omega 3s and more fiber
- No sugar added juice as a natural sweetener
Quick High Protein Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 6 ounces silken tofu can use soy yogurt
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup juice depending on desired thickness I like the Naked or V8 Juices, no sugar added
- 1 TBS flax seed or chia seeds
- Put all ingredients in a high powered blender. Blend until smooth.
- Makes one 16 ounce smoothie.
Copywright Nourishment Connection 2012
For more healthy breakfast options, check out my blog post, 3 Healthy Breakfast Ideas.
Leave a Reply